Are you a Turnitin user? Turnitin has changed the way that it integrates with Canvas, which means two important things:
- Instructors have to use a new process for setting up Turnitin-enabled assignments in Canvas for the Spring 2016 semester. If you copy any Turnitin assignments from previous semesters, you will have to re-enable Turnitin for those assignments using these new processes.
- Turnitin Originality Reports for assignments submitted to Canvas between Fall 2014 and Fall 2015 will no longer be available after January 4, 2016. If you want to retain these Originality Reports, you will have to download them individually per student for each assignment. While the Originality Report won’t be available after January 4, the students’ file submission (without the Originality Report) will still be available in Canvas.
Check out the Using Turnitin in Canvas section of the Faculty Guide to Canvas for instructions on how to:
- Set up new Turnitin assignments
- Review and grade students’ work
- Download Originality Reports from previous courses
- Share instructions with your students
The Instructional Design team is also available to meet with you to help you with any of your Turnitin or Canvas questions!