Blackboard has released new features and tools that are available for the Fall 2013 semester. This post is the second in a series that explores each new feature. You can find links to all posts in this series at the bottom of the page.
If you have questions about any of the new features or Blackboard in general, get in touch with any member of the Instructional Design team. We are happy to go over them with you!
Options for Displaying Test Results
Many instructors don’t want students to see the correct answers on their Blackboard tests and quizzes until all students have had a chance to take the assessment to avoid the possibility of students sharing answers. Blackboard now makes this process easier. When you set up your test options, you will be given the opportunity to set two different rules for when students can access their test results and feedback.
With this feature, it is possible to show students just their numerical score following the assessment. Then, they will automatically be able to see the correct answers and more detailed feedback once all students’ tests have been graded.
You have the option to set rules about what students see based on the following parameters:
- After the test has been submitted
- After all students’ attempts have been graded
- After the due date for taking the test
- Once the test is no longer available to students
- According to a particular date you choose
The feedback options that you can show students for each rule include:
- The student’s numerical score
- Just the correct answer choices
- The answers choices that the student submitted
- All possible answer choices
- Your written explanations about the correct and incorrect answers
- An icon that indicates which questions were answered correctly or incorrectly
You can show students as many or as few of these feedback options as you would like.
View all posts in this series
- New Blackboard Feature for Fall 2013: Test Access Logs - August 20, 2013
- New Blackboard Feature for Fall 2013: Options for Displaying Test Results - August 27, 2013
- New Blackboard Feature for Fall 2013: Test Options Per Student - September 3, 2013
- New Blackboard Feature for Fall 2013: Quick Links Menu - September 10, 2013
- New Blackboard Feature for Fall 2013: Achievement Badges - September 17, 2013
- New Blackboard Feature for Fall 2013: Group Management Tools - September 24, 2013
- New Blackboard Feature for Fall 2013: xpLor Repository - October 1, 2013