If you are looking for help with a specific topic or just browsing for time-saving tips, the links below will take you to the relevant blog post, online resource, or a downloadable guide (where noted).
Don’t see something that you are looking for? Try using the blog’s search box or contact the Instructional Design team at IDteam@lasalle.edu.
What is it?
Each La Salle University course has a corresponding online course space in the Canvas learning management system. Instructors can use this space to post the syllabus and other important files, post announcements, grade student papers and projects, and access other online learning tools. Canvas is accessible via the Tools area of the mylasalle portal.
- Visit La Salle’s self-paced Faculty Guide for Canvas to learn about Canvas’s features and tools.
- Set up a one-on-one meeting with a member of the Instructional Design team.
- Review our Canvas examples to see how Canvas tools can be used to support face-to-face, online, and hybrid classes.
- Have a specific question? Search the vendor’s Canvas Guides.
- Encourage your students to make the best use of Canvas: Direct them to the self-paced Student Guide.
GoToMeeting and GoToTraining
What is it?
GoToMeeting and GoToTraining are both web conferencing tools that allow users speak, chat, and view each other’s computer screens. These tools are ideal for hosting virtual meetings and class sessions.
- Visit our blog page on Web Conferencing Tools.
What is it?
Turnitin is an online tool that checks students’ written work for improper citation and possible plagiarism. It gives an indicator of the likelihood of plagiarism (called a similarity score) and provides instructors with detailed information about the possible sources that students used.
Turnitin is integrated within Canvas and can be enabled for any Canvas assignment that is submitted online.
- Visit the page on Using Turnitin in Canvas from the Faculty Guide for Canvas.
Click on the categories to the right to explore the many educational technology topics that are covered on this blog or explore the resources below.
- Encrypt a document to send sensitive information by email (video)|(PDF)
- OneDrive for cloud storage and collaboration
- Design your presentation specifically for narrating PowerPoint slides (video)
- Convert PowerPoint slides to a narrated video (video)|(PDF)
- Changing the slide size for widescreen monitors in PowerPoint 2010
- Changing the slide size for widescreen monitors in PowerPoint 2013
- Intro to Prezi (video)
Screen Capture Tools
- Record audio with Audacity (PDF)
- Record video using YouTube (image)
- Upload YouTube videos and manage permissions (PDF)
- Video Editing in iMovie (PDF)
- Video Editing in MovieMaker (PDF)
- Record from the Webcam in MovieMaker (video)
- Video Editing in YouTube (PDF)
Survey and Analysis