La Salle University offers accounts to GoToTraining and GoToMeeting, both part of the Citrix suite of web conferencing tools. The chart below explains the appropriate use for each tool and the available help resources. Already have an active account? Log into https://login.citrixonline.com/login or launch the GoToMeeting application from your computer.
For Faculty and Staff
For faculty and staff conducting synchronous, online classes or training sessions for large groups, GoToTraining is the recommended tool.
GoToTraining is a web-conferencing tool that allows you to:
- Hold real-time, virtual classes with your students that can incorporate audio, video, and screen sharing of any application or website open on your computer
- Record lectures and demonstrations for your students to view at any time
- Give your class an online place to meet and collaborate with each other
See the video below for information about getting started with GoToTraining:
To request a faculty/staff account, please send an email with your full name and La Salle email address to IDteam@lasalle.edu. Once your account is created, you’ll receive a message from Citrix, the parent company of GoToTraining and GoToMeeting, in your La Salle University email account. Account creation usually happens quickly, but it could take up to 3-5 business days from the time of your request for you to receive your account welcome message.
If you need more help with GoToTraining, you can:
For students, faculty, and staff conducting synchronous, online meetings for small groups, GoToMeeting is the recommended option supported by La Salle.
GoToMeeting is a web-conferencing tool that allows you to:
- Show your screen and webcam for video conferencing
- Connect via VoIP or telephone audio
- Join from a Mac, PC, or most smartphones and tablets
- Please note that you cannot record in GoToMeeting.
See the video below for information about getting started with GoToMeeting:
Students do NOT need to request GoToMeeting accounts as they have already been automatically been created for them. For account set up or lost password, students should follow the steps in order below:
- Check your email for the invitation from Citrix and follow its instructions.
- If you lost or deleted the email, go to the GoToMeeting forgot password page.
- Once on the forgot password page, enter your La Salle email address to receive a change password link in your La Salle email.
- Open the forgot password email from Citrix and use the change password link to get access to your account.
If you need more help with GoToMeeting, you can:
Having Trouble with GoToTraining or GoToMeeting?
You’re welcome to contact Citrix for quick feature related questions or for technical support. They’re available 24/7 and happy to assist when needed.
Citrix Customer Care
Phone (888) 259-8414
Additional Global Phone Numbers http://support.citrixonline.com/Meeting/phone
Create a Case http://support.citrixonline.com/Meeting/case
Support Website http://support.citrixonline.com