Editor’s note: As of February 20, 2014, SkyDrive is now called OneDrive and the free storage available has been reduced to 7 GB. Check out this post for more information.
What is SkyDrive?
- 25 GB of free online storage available to La Salle faculty, staff and students.
- It works best with Microsoft Office files (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), photos, and videos (mp4s or wmv files).
- Individual files must be less than 100 MB.
- A tool for creating and editing Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents online, instead of saving them to a computer.
- A way to share files and collaborate with colleagues.
Uses for SkyDrive
- Store backup copies of important documents, videos and photos
- Transfer commonly used files between offices and access them via mobile devices
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop a presentation or paper
- Share a folder instead of sending a large number of attachments
- Embed copies of a presentation on your website or on a Blackboard course
For more information about how to access your SkyDrive account and use it for these purposes, review this quick tutorial.