We’re excited that Zoom web conferencing is now available for all our faculty and students here at La Salle. One nice part of Zoom is that it’s integrated right into Canvas, so you and students never have to leave the LMS to take part in a meeting.
Want to know the easy way to create a Zoom meeting in Canvas? Just follow these simple steps!
Create a Zoom meeting in Canvas
- If you haven’t done so already, activate your Zoom account by clicking the Zoom button in the tools menu of the mylasalle portal or go to https://lasalle.zoom.us/.
- Go to the Canvas course where you want to hold the web conference and create a new assignment.
- In the Submission Type box, select External Tool.
- Next to the search box, click Find, and select Zoom.
From there, you can save, publish, and add the assignment to any module. When students click on the assignment, they’ll enter the meeting right in Canvas!
- Make it worth something. You can leave your Zoom web conference as a zero-point assignment, or you can attribute points to it. If you give it points, you can assess students for their participation and even give them feedback so they can improve in future meetings.
- Put it on students’ calendars. You can just tell students when you’re holding the meeting, but you can also enter the meeting time as the assignment due date. This has the benefit of adding it to students’ calendars and notifications.
- Customize your meeting. Head over to zoom.us, log into your account, and you’ll find the web conference you created in Canvas. Here, you can enable the meeting to record automatically, create a poll to use in the meeting, and more!
Need any other support with using Zoom? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!